Today, Ni-MH batteries are widely used on digital cameras in current US market, as common as the same model of alkaline batteries. Though the prices of Ni-MH batteries are very high, their accumulated cost will be lower than that of alkaline batteries, and they can replace alkaline batteries if cameras are out of power during filming. Currently, there are many types of Ni-MH batteries that Chrome Battery offers. with capacity ranging from 600mAh to 2300mA and voltage from 1.5V to above. Chrome Battery wants to help you choose which one is right for your application! An obvious advantage of Ni-MH batteries is that it is rechargeable. Usually,Â Ni-MH batteries can be recharged over 10,000 times and they are universally compatible. However, duration of the Ni-MH battery is shorter than that of alkaline batteries with same capacity and voltage. Tips on buying NiMH batteries
- When a consumer buys a Ni-MH battery, he/she often ignores battery voltage. For example, for 3.6V/1200mAh and 7.2V/900mAh Ni-MH batteries, many will choose 1200mAh battery, because of higher capacity, which represents larger electricity volume it can release per hour; but itâs not the case, for the run time, the latter wins, because it has higher voltage, and it has long cycle life. In other words, with similar capacity, high voltage rechargeable Ni-MH battery is a better option to gain higher run time.
- The core part of Ni-MH battery is its cells. Choose imported original rechargeable cells.
Cautions on Ni-MH battery applications: Ni-MH has a memory effect, it will lower down capacity and shorten use time. As time goes on, full capacity stored will be less, and Ni-MH battery will consume more quickly than before. Thus, the battery should be recharged mainly after fully discharged, charge it fully one time, and try to avoid recharging when the battery has surplus volume, or this could shorten the battery cycle life as well. How to save/conserve power when using digital camera Ni-MH batteries?
- Avoid overuse of the flashlight if you are not a professional photographer, unless it is at night. Common daylight is strong enough for most digital cameras.
- Try to avoid unnecessary zoom operation, it consumes a lot of power. You can always move yourself instead of using zoon camera lens!
- Donât keep the display on when not in use. You can turn off the main LCD screen and use the viewfinder to adjust view structure. For most digital cameras, the LCD is the main power consumption component and the run time will be three times as long if you can turn off the LCD screen for regular digital camera.
- Less continuous shooting and video. This consumes a lot power.
- Avoid using the on/off frequently. Most of us know that keeping the display screen on will consume power. In order to save power, avoid turn on and off the camera. For some digital cameras, it will consume much more energy, and most of them have an auto cut-off function. Keep in mind to not set this option for too short of time.
- Optics against shake function should not always be on. Optics against shake, neutralize relative movements between the shooters photo and sensor by drive lens component or picture sensor. No matter what kinds of method, this will consume lots of power, especial some models set up optics against shake module to always "on", this will cause more, thus, you should shut down this function on scene with good view and line, and always shut off on module if necessary.
To read about Chrome Battery's Digital Camera Batteries - Digital Camera Batteries