Keep Your Life in Your Hands - Be Road Ready!
It’s motorcycle safety awareness month. We want to take this month to remind everyone of the importance of being sure your bike is road ready, and what steps you can take to ensure that your bike is safe for the road!
Before you Ride:
- Check your fluids, and take a peek under your motorcycle to be sure there are no oil or gas leaks.
- Tires are so important to your bike. Be sure you are checking your tire pressure, and tread wear. A blown tire can be beyond dangerous for any rider.
- Helmets. Now, we know some people love helmets, and others do not. However, it is still a great way to protect yourself while on the road.
- Cover your arms and legs! Ideally, you can wear thick denim or leather while riding to protect yourself best. This will help prevent injury in the event of a crash.
- Wear proper gloves. Be sure to have proper fitting gloves to best be able to maneuver the clutch and keep your hands warm.
- Be Defensive: Be alert, and keep an eye on your surroundings. In this age of cell phones, knowing the car's whereabouts is even more important for your safety.
- Avoid bad weather if possible. Don’t take a risk you don’t have to!
These are just 7 tips that we came up with that can help anyone who plans to be out on a motorcycle be as safe as possible. Have any more tips to add? Let us know down below!