- Styrofoam Plate
- Empty Toilet Paper Roll
- White – Camera Film Canister
- Baking Soda
- Make designs on your rocket launcher (toilet paper roll) using the markers.
- Tape your rocket launcher to the middle of the styrofoam plate.
- Prepare your rocket fuel! Put 1 tbsp of vinegar in the film canister. Add ½ tsp of baking soda
- IMMEDIATELY close the lid and INSTANTLY drop the canister into the launcher, lid side down.
- STAND BACK!!!!!!
- Within 10-20 seconds, the rocket will launch!
- If for some reason it doesn’t, wait AT LEAST one minute before checking on it.
The acetic acid in the vinegar reacts with the sodium bicarbonate in the baking soda. This combination forms carbonic acid. Carbonic acid is unstable and immediately becomes Carbon Dioxide and Water. Carbon Dioxide is heavier than air so it overflows out of the container